Building a responsive site is hard sometimes, particularly when you want to have a carousel on your page but the plugin you normally use does not have the ability to resize or recalculate when you resize your browser.
I would like to gather a collection of scripts/plugins/techniques to use when building a responsive site – things like carousels & image sliders – so that when I need a plugin for a particular purpose, I know which one has been user tested &, most importantly, vouched for.
- 1. Boost – my boilerplate framework which includes multiple css grids (1kb, Inuit etc) with responsive layouts
- 2. Skeleton framework – “A Beautiful Boilerplate for Responsive, Mobile-Friendly Development”
- 3. Bootstrap – Twitter’s toolkit
- 4. Less Framework – CSS grid framework
- 5. The Semantic Grid System – CSS grid using LESS
- 6. SimpleGrid
- 1. Sencha.io image delivery – resizes images on the fly depending on which device the user is using
- 2. Responsive Image – An Experiment with Mobile-First Images that Scale Responsively & Responsibly (info)
- 1. Respond.js – A fast & lightweight polyfill for min/max-width CSS3 Media Queries (for IE 6-8, and more)
Needs more work to be useful in a responsive layout:
- 1. Galleria – image gallery script
I need your help & input
In order for this to be of any use, I need your input. Please comment with any links or suggestions etc so that we can begin to collatecomments powered by Disqus